If you do not follow the latest advancements in science or understand the concept of the singularity, time travel may sound far fetched or like pure science fiction. However, at some point in the near future…the “impossible” will become possible. Time travel will happen.
To be a time traveler you will need to be mentally capable of dealing with some messy philosophical issues. In fact, the philosophy of time travel will be one of the biggest debates in human history. If we know what is good for us (and history has proven that we do not) we would be wise to approach time travel with great respect and extreme caution.
Serious Wonder’s Top 5 TIME TRAVEL Issues:
1. Should we time travel just because we can?
2. Who gets to go? What should the qualifications be? Would you want a scientist, priest or corporation tinkering with our world timeline?
3. What are the rules of engagement?
4. How far is too far? How far into the past of future should we be allowed to go? Do we really want to know what happens in the year 68,000?
5. Are time travelers already among us? If all time exists in a non- linear form then the future has already happened and time travelers must be visiting us now!
What other issues will time travel cause? Would you go?
Image Source: Looper